oSnap Deployment Tutorial
Creating a Safe:
Note: Confirm your wallet is set to the appropriate network if the safe isn’t displayed.
Accessing the Zodiac app:
Once connected to your safe, take the following steps to get to the Zodiac apps page:
- Step 1: Click ‘Apps’ displayed on the left sidebar.
- Step 2: In the search bar, input ‘Zodiac’.
- Step 3: Select ‘Zodiac’ from the search results.
Deploying an oSnap module:
To deploy a new oSnap module, click the option with the title ‘UMA Optimistic Governor Module’:
A modal will open with deployment parameters. The first three parameters below are associated with the oSnap module and can be updated after deployment. Refer here to better understand how to appropriately set these parameters:
- Collateral: The ERC20 token used for the bond. The options in the Zodiac app are USDC and WETH.
- Bond: The bond value is the amount proposers (and disputers) are required to post in the collateral currency. The minimum recommended bond values are 1,500 USDC and 1 WETH.
- Liveness: The length of time a proposal can be disputed. The minimum recommended liveness period is 6 hours to allow Disputers to verify a proposal follows the rules.
The three parameters below are associated with the ‘rules’ parameter of the oSnap module and used by Disputers and Voters to resolve potential disputes.
- Voting Quorum: The minimum number of vote participation required for a valid proposal. For example, the proposal should not be considered valid if the voting quorum parameter is 5% and the proposal only had 3% voter participation.
- Voting Period: The minimum voting period that should be associated with a proposal. Any voting period set for a proposal that is less than the parameter set in the rules will not be considered a valid proposal.
After setting the deployment parameters, click ‘Add Module’. Use the ‘Simulate’ button to simulate the transaction using Tenderly. If successful, click ‘Submit’ and follow the steps to sign the transaction.
Once deployed, select the contract on the left sidebar of the Zodiac App. The ‘Read Contract’ tab displays the parameters of your contract, such as the collateral and required bond amount. The ‘Write Contract’ tab enables the owner to perform admin functions described in more detail in the admin functions section.
Configuring oSnap with Snapshot
If you do not have a Snapshot space created, follow these instructions to get started. Otherwise, click the 'Settings' option on the sidebar for the Snapshot space you want to add your oSnap module to.
Click 'Advanced' on the sidebar. Then in the Plugins container, click 'Add plugin'. In the modal that opens, click the 'Gnosis SafeSnap' option.
Another modal will open that is used to configure the SafeSnap plugin that matches the below:
To configure an oSnap module, you need to update the
umaAddress, input your oSnap module contract address as
networkparameter is the chain ID that your Safe and oSnap module contract are deployed on. You can use the table below to find the chain ID or use https://chainlist.org/.
This configuration uses the oSnap module contract
After clicking the 'Add' button, your changes will not be made until you click 'Save' and sign the transaction.