oSnap Quick Start
Simple guide for setting up and using oSnap
“oSnap” is short for Optimistic Snapshot Execution.
oSnap lets DAOs propose transactions, do an off-chain governance vote, and have the transaction data submitted in a trustless fashion.
What you need to get started
- Snapshot Space
- Safe with multi-sig (or Safe with on-chain governance)
Here are the step-by-step instructions for using oSnap.
- Create a Safe and Snapshot Space, or connect to your current accounts.
- Go to Safe Apps, install the Zodiac app, and install the oSnap module through Zodiac.
- Set the proposal bond, challenge period, and Snapshot Space.
- Link the oSnap module to your Snapshot Space with SafeSnap.
- Your oSnap module address is added to the SafeSnap plugin configuration to enforce the results of proposals on-chain.
Done! Now, for your first proposal:
- Create a proposal and Snapshot vote, along with the transactions to execute if the proposal passes.
- Invite the community to vote on the proposal.
- Once the Snapshot voting period ends, anyone can propose the transactions by posting a bond.
- After the challenge period, execute the transactions on-chain through the Snapshot interface.
You can start using oSnap today and announce to your DAO the good news of its newfound superpowers.
Want to talk to the team?